It’s all snowy and stormy here today, so this seems like the perfect time to share these Star Wars snowflakes. When my husband sent me the link to the amazing Star Wars snowflakes patterns featured at http://anthonyherreradesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56:star-wars-snowflakes I couldn’t resist giving them a go. Behold:
I simplified things a little, there were a few cuts on both my Yoda and my Boba Fett flakes that I left out. Some tips if you try your hand at these:
- Take it slow –fold carefully and precisely, and take your time making the cuts.
- Use a fresh blade in your x-acto knife, it really makes a difference.
- Have a good cutting surface. I didn’t have a mat, so I used a double layer of thick cardboard, worked fine.
- Use bull-dog or binder clips to hold the folded paper in place to keep everything lined up properly. This really helps with the finer cuts, especially when you’re trying to cut through the 3rd and 4th layers of folded paper.
- Don’t unfold until you’re done. So hard to do, but so worth it!!!